Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm IN STYLE??!

I don't usually worry about being in style. Over the years, I have discovered my favorite "look": A hairstyle that is short and easy to manage... Clothing that is comfortable - preferably with large pockets. And of course, everything needs to be cotton, washable and wrinkle-proof, as I try to avoid dry cleaning. In fact, maybe "look" is the wrong word - I have a favorite clothing "feel" - COMFORT! If I'm aware that I'm wearing it - if it feels UNCOMFORTABLE in any way - it's not for me!

So... I don't usually pay a lot of attention to STYLE. I can't see myself wearing tight jeans, for example, or low-cut tops, which I think have been in style for a while. (I would not feel COMFORTABLE in either.)

But an article on fresh spring trends did tantalize me on my MSN news page. (Actually I think it was the scarf in the picture that got to me - I have one in a similar color - a little narrower.)


















So I clicked on it... And I'm really glad I did, because I discovered that this season, I MAY BE IN STYLE AGAIN!

Apparently denim is making a comeback! Denim shirts in particular (my favorite!)

In response to the question,What is this season’s-must-have wardrobe item? ...the fashion expert replied: ...invest in a denim shirt.

Denim shirts?! I have already invested in four! ... I'm going to dig them out immediately! (And maybe - if they're back in style, I'll find a replacement for the worn-out one I had to toss this past year - the one I mourned in last year's blog posting. )



















My mother may even be in style again this year! I think she has a few sequined tops and vests from the 70s - and they're apparently hot items for the season as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment