Thursday, March 4, 2010

Toronto: Slush City

I decided (on a whim) to visit Toronto last weekend. It was snowing, but the temperature was above freezing, so snow quickly turned to wet slush!














There were large puddles to cross at every street corner!














Within five minutes of arriving, my winter boots were wet inside - not a comfortable feeling! So I hunted for a pair of rain boots.














These fit... and the apples reminded me of my teaching days: An apple for the teacher! I immediately put them on...














After that, I enjoyed trekking around downtown...














...though I did have to watch for cars driving through giant puddles!














I wandered over to the Lake Ontario...














...where the pier was covered with snow.














The swan and ducks in the water seemed happy enough. (You may have to click on the picture to see them...)














I discovered a skating rink near the lake - where kids were enjoying skating lessons...


















Even the CN tower was partly hidden in the clouds.

Once I had the right clothing, nothing prevented me from enjoying Toronto - not even the slushy snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment