Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sprouting Veggies

It has been a while since I sprouted seeds to eat... But it is actually an easy, fun thing to do. As I recall, I used to do it by simply placing seeds on a wet paper towel in a clear glass or plastic container - to let the sun in... I think. The seeds need to be rinsed daily - but excess water should be removed. The seeds nee to be damp - but not wet.

At a a time when I used sprouts a lot in sandwiches, I bought this lovely 4 layer stand - and several containers of sprouting seeds - alfalfa, daikon radish, and an ancient eastern blend. I only used about a tablespoon of each kind - on a different level. Although the instructions say to soak the seeds for several hours first, I think I simply put the seeds into the container and poured about a cup of water over the top level... and it dripped down into each succeeding level, with excess water being caught in the bottom - and poured out.

I think I'll give it a try again. If it doesn't work, I'll look for the instructions that came with the sprouter!

No comments:

Post a Comment