Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mid-March Yard Work

I like to get outdoors and begin to work in the yard as soon as the snow melts. It's easier to garden on cool, sunny days than hot ones.














My first challenge of the season: to move a big pile of wood chips (a product of our January tree cutting) over to the flower beds - and spread it around before shoots begin to sprout. I'll have to work quickly! As soon as the snow is gone, Tiger lilies and tulips pop out of the ground!














So I filled a garbage can (one on wheels) and moved wood chips... again and again and again...

It was hard work, but I enjoyed being outdoors in the yard again. No mosquitoes or bees to hamper me yet. I'm not done yet, but hopefully I'll have a few more nice days to finish the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment