Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Wasted Worry

Yesterday's weather forecast for today called for mixed precipitation: rain, freezing rain, snow...

Don't plan on going out, my husband cautioned... The roads might be slippery...

I had planned on getting a few groceries, but I really didn't need to go out... There was food in the freezer... I mentally prepared myself for a day indoors, cleaning and quilting.














Well, today has dawned... and - though the weather is wet and dreary - there is no freezing rain!

The weather isn't as bad as they predicted, my husband comments...

(Why did he worry?! )

Why do I worry... when economists publish gloomy forecasts in the newspaper, when my children tell me they want to try something new... whenever (in fact) any changes are predicted or I venture out to try something new?!

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

Don't worry about tomorrow, Jesus told his disciples... Let each day's troubles be enough for that day... Worrying won't add a single day to your life! (And anxiety might take a few away...) Your Heavenly Father - God - loves you... so help is near!

(Why is it so hard for me to live in that reality every day?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment