Sunday, March 7, 2010

Quirky Chairs

I just had to take pictures of this quirky furniture I saw in my wanderings around Toronto.














This chair was in the window of a design studio on Avenue Road.














(Would the curved leg break if someone sat on it?)

Driving down Queen Street East on the streetcar, I noticed some unusual chairs in the window of a used furniture store called - "Marty Millionaire" - so I went inside to take pictures. (I wonder if he is a millionaire!)

If I were a dentist, I'd buy furniture like this for my waiting room. It would be sure to calm nervous patients and make them smile!














One was in the shape a hand...














... Another, a pair of lips...














And another a high-heeled shoe...

Who created these?!

I talked to Marty - chatting about his furniture - but I didn't think to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment