Saturday, June 19, 2021

So Many Baby Trees!











Last year I brought this beautiful pepper tree home for the winter. 











It had been on my daughter-in-law’s deck until back yard construction intervened. 











My daughter kept it on her apartment balcony for a while - and got compliments on it... But she asked me to keep it over the winter. I was happy to - the pepper pods are edible and I was intrigued... 

It grew... (Was I supposed to cut it back?!) Now new peppers are developing again!











As the pods fell off, at the end of their season, I stuck some in pots that held other plants which weren’t doing well - in the hope that one, if not both, would flourish. I managed to separate the one above from its potted neighbor. 

But now I have five others growing as well!











My question now is: How many pepper plants am I going to have? Hopefully my daughter and daughter-in-law will want several back... Otherwise I may end up with an indoor forest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment