Sunday, June 6, 2021

My Day of Mishaps!

Life has been pretty uneventful over the past few months. Since early April, Ontario has been under a stay at home order because of our high numbers of COVID cases.

Since we don’t go out much, I’ve been wondering: Do we really  need two cars? Terry and I rarely go out at the same time...

Another thought: Do I possibly need hearing aids? (Terry seems to mumble a lot ...)

Recently our local COVID numbers began to drop, so I made an appointment to see the dentist...

When I arrived for my appointment, the receptionist was puzzled: My name wasn’t on the schedule. 

She eventually figured out that I’d gotten the day wrong... my appointment was for the 23rd not the 3rd!

Driving home - surprised that I’d made a mistake - it started to rain... And then a LOUD rumbling sound from under the car. Was I dragging something that I’d caught under the car?











I pulled into a nearby parking lot, got out of the car and saw... a flat tire!

What to do but call Terry to come (in the rain) to change it?

(It was then that I realized that I’d left my cell phone at home!) Fortunately I found someone who called Terry for me.











He arrived... The car was hauled away so that a new tire could be put on. In the end, all was well.

But my day of mishaps showed me that:

  1. a second car is invaluable in an emergency (so let’s not get rid of it) and... 
  2. I really do need to get my hearing checked!

No comments:

Post a Comment