Monday, June 14, 2021

Ottawa’s Black Rapid Lock













Terry and I recently headed over to Black Rapid Lock, one of the Ottawa locks in the Rideau Canal system.











I first discovered this park when I took a boat tour down the Rideau Canal, a few years ago.



The park is a wonderful place to enjoy a peaceful summer’s day.

While we were there, several boats went through the lock.



Another boat was moored nearby. I couldn’t help but envy those vacationing on this floating cottage. It looked so peaceful

Later, wandering around, we saw this waterfall.












I’m not sure if it is used to harness electrical power.

Such a lovely spot! It’s actually not far from another park we sometimes visit - Claudette Cain Park - on the other side of the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment