Friday, June 25, 2021

Can’t Resist!

On our recent trip to southern Ontario, our daughter suggested we all drive to Paris, Ontario - a city none of us had ever visited.











When we looked up things to see there, the name “Mary Maxim yarn store” popped up!











The name is familiar to me: Back in my childhood, my mother ordered four sweater kits from Mary Maxim - and knit sweaters for the whole family!











This is the only one that remains. My daughter still occasionally wears it. (As I calculate the years, I realize it’s over 60 years old!!)











I couldn’t resist!











I didn’t get a kit - but I did buy some yarn from their room of “clearance” specials.

I’m hoping it will make a lovely, warm, bright-coloured sweater to cheer me up in winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment