Friday, June 4, 2021

Fun to Knit!

One of the knitting projects I’m currently working on is a blanket called Safe at Home.











The first step involves knitting 9 rows of 9 houses - starting with the main floor. (I try to forget that 9x9=81 houses. That’s a lot!)











There are numerous color changes - but I’m enjoying it - using scraps of yarn from my stash. 











Next comes the roof, which is a little easier than the main floor. Then the sky between the roofs.... 

After that the rows need to be sewn together and a border added. I don’t expect to finish it any time soon.

I happened to see this picture of a thatched roof house on Instagram that reminds me of these little knit houses...











Cute!

I hope I like the blanket in the end! At this stage it’s hard to tell what it will look like when finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment