Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Remembering “Friendly Plastic”

My granddaughter loves to do crafts, so I was telling her about cutting, then melting bits of plastic to make colourful jewelry, a craft my daughter and I used to enjoy - though we didn’t do it a lot.











I later mentioned it to my daughter, whose memory is obviously better than mine - because she remembered that the product was called “Friendly Plastic.”











I looked it up online and discovered pictures of items others had made.











Then I looked for some of the things we had made and found these two broaches and a pennant.











I don’t think you can get it anymore, my daughter commented. And sure enough, I discovered online that Friendly Plastic was discontinued five or six years ago.











I wonder why... It was an easy medium to use - and a lot of fun.

(But all may not be lost... We may still have some Friendly Plastic somewhere in the basement... I’ll have to check!)

No comments:

Post a Comment