Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Organizing Yarn











One of the most useful Marie Kondo tips I learned a few years back was to keep similar things in the same place - whether it’s toothpaste, tea or ... whatever. (I didn’t realize how many tubes of hand cream I had until I started gathering them all together!)

Now the same thing has happened with my yarn. As I sort through it, organizing it into different strand thicknesses, I’m finding it in lots of places - travel bags, storage bins and drawers. And I’m amazed at how much I have!

(I’ve also found quite a few unfinished projects!)

My plan is to store all my yarn together, but so far, I haven’t found a suitable place... So some is in a closet, some in a dresser drawer, and some here next to me, near the chair where I sit to knit.

I had been thinking of joining a “knitting club” where they mail members hand-dyed yarn four times a year in “surprise” colours. But now that I realize how much yarn I already have, I’m definitely not going to buy any more until I’ve used this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment