Wednesday, June 30, 2021

New Sweater Project











I’m using the red yarn that I purchased at the Mary Maxim store in Paris, Ontario to make a sweater that is knit in one piece, starting at the collar.











This is the fourth sweater I’ve knit using this pattern. I love the loose fit - and the concept of knitting a sweater all in one piece.











But it does get heavier to hold as I knit. (Has this contributed to the wrist pain I sometimes feel when knitting?!) 

Here it is as I start on the second ball. I’ve only completed the collar and a small part of the shoulder. It will be a lot larger - and heavier - before I’m done.

In conventional knitting, the front, back and sleeves are knit separately, then sewn together.

The increased bulkiness is the only disadvantage I can think of in top-down knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment