Sunday, February 28, 2021

Watching Kite-Skiing ... Again!

Last week Terry and I headed over to Andrew Haydon Park to walk on the Britannia Winter Trail...








When we arrived, we could see large kites in the sky above the frozen river. So we headed down the path to see them again.








There had been several snowfalls since our last visit, so walking was more challenging. Good exercise to have to lift my legs a little higher! 








I wished I were wearing snow shoes - like this group we saw in the distance.








Talking to one man who was unloading his skis and kite from his car, we discovered that a kiting event was planned for this weekend... 

I guess it's a safely distanced activity... It could be risky to get too close to each other on the river... Every kite needs generous air space around it...

Maybe we'll drive over to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment