Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Great Place for a Winter Walk

Andrew Haydon Park is one of my favorite parks in our area of the city to walk in. But once snow falls, the parking lot we use is closed..









I assumed that winter walking is discouraged because the city doesn't want to bother clearing the paths and supervising the grounds.









Then recently, I drove past another entrance to the same park, and noticed cars parked there... A few days later, I headed over, winter walking stick in hand to find out.









I was pleasantly surprised to see others there - running, walking dogs - and even snow-boarding on the ice being pulled along by a kite. (The speck in the sky in the distance...)









I wanted to loop the whole way around the park, but the weather was cold...









After about 20 minutes, I headed back to the car. Next time, I'll wear warmer mitts and hopefully take a longer walk.



No comments:

Post a Comment