Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Interesting Magazines

For quite a few years, my mother had a subscription to Reminisce - a nostalgia magazine with pictures and stories about the "good old days".....











I recently found a stack of them in the basement. I had fun showing my daughter these coats from 1943... Not that different from styles these days...

Why haven't I gotten rid of these magazines before now? I wondered...as I picked another one up to peruse it ...











The pictures and articles bring back such good memories of my childhood! I guess that's why..











Like this photo of sisters with their toy (or are they real?) irons. Seeing the small cordless  irons reminds me of the days before electricity when laundry irons were placed on the wood stove to to heat them up. The handle was removable in some cases so that, when the base cooled off, it could be exchanged for a hot one fresh off the stove. 

So many memories!

The only way I'll ever get rid of these magazines is by tossing them into the recycle box without opening them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment