Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Walking on Ottawa River Ice!

One day recently, Terry and I headed to Andrew Haydon Park, on the Ottawa River, to go for a walk.

When we arrived, we could see a number of kites hovering above the water... So we wandered towards the kites and soon found ourselves walking on the ice!


It felt very strange to me... I'm walking on the river, I told myself...

Of course, the river was ice - thick ice, I'm hoping! And the ice was covered with snow...

Several dozen people were enjoying the afternoon there. Some were cross-country skiing, others like us were walking, and still others were using kites to skim across the ice on snow-boards.

It looked as if the hardest part of all that was setting up the kites. They kept blowing in the wind.


It was really exhilarating being so close to the action.


Then someone drove past on an all-terrain vehicle, looking for a place to do "wheelies"!


After a while we headed back to "land"! What a fun spot to spend a sunny winter's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment