Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Motivating Myself to Finish Projects...

I love to make things, but sometimes projects languish after  my initial enthusiasm wears off. It probably wouldn't be an exaggeration to say I have a dozen unfinished projects tucked away in bins upstairs.

This winter, one of my goals has been to finish some of them, even if I'm not all that motivated to do so...

One project I recently completed was this pair of socks. I enjoyed starting them last summer. The first sock knit up quickly. But I literally had to coax myself to knit one stripe a day to finish the second one...

A few weeks of coaxing - now it's done!


















At the same time, this unfinished quilt was lying around, waiting to be pinned and machine quilted. 

I pinned it. Now my daily goal is now to sew just four quilting lines a day... That's not very much. To additionally motivate myself and make it easy, I fold it up - ready to sew - the prior evening... 

Using motivational tricks that encourage me to work on a project - even a very small amount - usually helps me get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment