Friday, February 19, 2021

Indoor Gardening... in February

Last fall I was given an ornamental pepper plant to keep indoors over the winter...

The tiny red peppers resembled red Christmas tree lights... 

I really love it!








Then the ornamental peppers started to shrivel. I removed half a dozen and put them in the freezer, as they are apparently edible... But I've never put them into food, as peppers of any kind now disagree with me. 

How long will these ornamental pepper plants last? I wondered, and looked them up online.

Four years - I read... I don't know how old the existing plant is, but it may have a few more years of life in it.


Now in winter, I noticed a few tiny flowers blooming... There's a purple flower in the top left.

Maybe there will be more peppers...








In the meantime, I've cut off the shriveled ones and planted them with other in indoor plant around the house. 

(That's a trick I use to make sure seedlings get watered.)









If new plants grow from the seed pods, I'll transplant them...

Now to bury the pod, water it... Then wait and see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment