Saturday, February 6, 2021

Glad to Help!

...About a year after retiring, I started blogging, first occasionally - then daily 

Would I have enough to write about? I wondered... But I've been doing it for years now. It helps to have hobbies - and opportunities for travel to write about.

Occasionally I hear from readers. Once someone wrote me in response to a blog post about a skin condition I had at the time. She had a rash on her hands and was wondering if she might have the same problem... I suggested she see a dermatologist. Later she wrote to tell me - with great relief - that her rash had been caused by eating a citrus fruit in the sun!

I had no idea that could cause a rash!

Another time, I mentioned a quilting or knitting problem I was trying to figure out. It was actually a math problem, as I was modifying a pattern. One reader got her husband to figure it out for me! I really appreciated the help!

Recently I received another email from someone who had found a photo of one of my quilts on Pinterest - a site I often use to get quilting ideas. She wanted to make a quilt like mine and wanted to know if the fabrics I used were cotton solids.










Fortunately, I still have the quilt, so I took several close-ups and sent her the photos.

That - to me - is one of the gratifying things about blogging: Having something I wrote be of help to someone else... And of course, being helped myself when I encounter a problem!


No comments:

Post a Comment