Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Walk by the River - in Quebec

I'm trying to walk every day. 

I'm basically an indoor person. There's lots I could do indoors. But our walking days are numbered...  

Snow and ice could arrive at any time - I remind myself - bringing slippery sidewalks and hazardous walking conditions.

So out we go!


Recently Terry and I headed over the river into Quebec, to walk along the Ottawa River from the other side - looking over into Ontario...







It was interesting to see the Rideau Falls from the Quebec side... and downtown Ottawa behind it.






Also the lookout where we've stopped to take pictures of flooding in spring.







Fortunately, the river level is down now... But one never knows how much it will rise when winter snow melts.






Some houses on this strip are for sale - this one for less than a million dollars!






I wonder how much house insurance would cost, I commented to Terry. In the past few years, the street was under water several times.






It would be a beautiful place to live - overlooking the river - but insurance costs would definitely be something to consider.


No comments:

Post a Comment