Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Learning to Make My Bed!


















I'm reading an interesting book that has me thinking... and remembering...

My mother was a stickler for bed-making...

If you make your bed first thing in the morning, you'll have a great day, she would tell me when I was growing up. If not, things just won't turn out right! 

Like most kids, I couldn't see the point of making a bed I'd soon be messing up. 

Eventually I developed the regular habit of making my bed. But it wasn't because of my mother's words... One evening I was about to crawl into my unmade bed, when I noticed a large spider hiding in the folds of the sheet. I screamed! After that, I always made my bed - not to make my mother happy, but to keep spiders out!

(A similar bug experience stopped me from leaving my clothing on a pile on the floor!)


No comments:

Post a Comment