Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Is This Good-bye for the Winter?!

One of my favorite walking parks, Andrew Haydon Park, closes its parking lots in the winter, so the park is officially "closed." 

I'm not sure how many people who live nearby come to walk on the paths if they aren't maintained.






I'm also not sure when the gates are closed. 

Once the snow falls?






The last time I was walking there, a small maintenance vehicle was driving around picking up decoy fox statues used to deter geese from over-running the grounds.






Terry isn't sure the fake "foxes" serve as much of a deterrent - there are still lots of geese and ducks around. 






But I think that there are fewer this year than there have been in recent years when the paths and grass were covered with them.

Sad to see so many trees bare, their leaves on the ground.


I enjoyed my walk, wondering how many more times I'd be back - before next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment