Monday, November 9, 2020

McAfee, I Don't Trust You...

I regularly get a pop-up message from McAfee, an app I think comes with Windows...

The message suggests that I'll be safe if I let McAfee control my computer - but I really don't trust the app.










I know that McAfee used to be a good name in computer security software, but recently McAfee does nothing but annoy me by modifying my preferred search engine (Google) to Yahoo! - without permission.

Then I have to waste time figuring out how to delete Yahoo! from my search bar, where it has made itself my default search engine, and reinstate Google Search again.



My main gripe against McAfee is that it searches for commercial sites - which I assume it gets paid for! When I recently searched for information about Smiths Falls, it came up with a site for making hotel reservations... So frustrating!

McAfee, how can I trust you to protect my computer?! Messing with my computer preferences without permission does not build a relationship of trust!

No comments:

Post a Comment