Friday, November 20, 2020

Enjoying Ottawa's Hintonburg Neighborhood

In recent years, Hintonburg has become one of Terry's and my favorite Ottawa neighborhoods to walk in. 

It's an old neighborhood that is becoming popular with many who prefer living closer to downtown. 

Terry and I usually go there to buy sourdough bread at a favorite bakery of his... but if they are out (which is often the case) we keep walking down Wellington  Street West, looking for other bakeries.


















Last time we were there, we walked as far as Parkdale outdoor market and then on a little further to buy take-out food at my favorite vegetarian restaurant.

It always surprises me how near our walk takes us to the school I used to teach in.  

Driving to work, during my working days, I didn't usually come this way. There are faster ways to drive. But it would have been interesting to be able to walk home. 

Unfortunately, it was a little too far... 

And in those days, as I remember it, life was always a rush! I was always in a hurry either to get to work or to get home.

There wasn't enough time to "stand and stare."


No comments:

Post a Comment