Friday, November 27, 2020

New Favorite Apple Cake Recipe

I recently came across an apple cake recipe that uses ground almonds instead of flour. I've made it several times because it tastes really good - and is very low carb. (Of course, I've modified it a bit!)

Here is the recipe as I make it:

Mix together the following: 

  • 2 cups of almond flour (also called ground almonds)
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon liquid honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 eggs, beaten
When this is mixed, add two washed, chopped apples. (I don't bother peeling them.) The batter will be dry rather than liquid, but the apples will moisten the cake as they cook.

The cake will not rise a lot, so it can be put into a small cake pan that has been lined with parchment paper. 
Smooth down the top. Sprinkle cinnamon. Cut a teaspoon of butter into small chunks and place on top, so that it will melt while the cake is baking. Drizzle about a teaspoon of maple syrup on top of the cake as well.


Bake for 60 minutes at 320 degrees Fahrenheit. 
Test for doneness with a toothpick. 
Let the cake stand for at least half an hour before cutting. 

The photo above is of the first one I made, just out of the oven. I've made it several times since. 
Easy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment