Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Practical PEI Souvenirs

I love to buy practical souvenirs to remember my travels by. Years ago I hunted down a quilting shop in Paris in order buy some fat quarters of French cotton fabric.

Eventually I made this pinwheel quilt... which reminds me of  that quilt store in France.

Another time, I purchased fabric from Liberty of London. I'm still looking for the perfect quilt pattern for that bundle of flower prints.

Then, a few years ago, my son and his wife surprised me with a gift of Icelandic yarn when they returned from their honeymoon in  Iceland.








I wasn't looking specifically for fabric or yarn souvenirs on our recent trip to Prince Edward Island. In fact, I didn't even know that Canadians produced yarn. But when we wandered into the Northern Watters Knitwear shop in Charlottetown, PEI and started to look around, I knew I just had to buy this colorful hand painted Canadian Mineville Wool Project sock yarn as a souvenir for myself.





Terry decided he wanted a knit souvenir, too, so he bought this toque knit by the Northern Watters hand knitters.










In a nearby shop that sells crafts by local artisans, I got these felted local wool balls for the dryer. My latest plastic ones were just breaking apart, so the purchase was timely - and a lovely way to remember PEI every time I do laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment