Wednesday, June 14, 2017

PEI's Sandy Shore

Prince Edward Island has four distinct regions, with their own characteristics.

En route to Cavendish, to visit Green Gables, Terry and I followed the highway along the north coast of the island.

When we got out to walk around a bit, I was surprised to see sand dunes...











Under the grass, the sand is fragile - climb on it, and the cliffs crumble.

In some places, flowers were blooming in the grass.

Beautiful!






Here and there along the beach were reeds and driftwood...








Walking on the wet sandy beach, I noticed bits of white...

Had someone been inconsiderate enough to leave a broken plastic lid from a coffee cup in the sand?!







No... They were broken bits of a thin sea shell!

I wonder what kind of shell it was or how big it once was...

I have no idea...

(Traveling is such an educational experience: It continually shows me how much I don't know! How much I have yet to learn!)



No comments:

Post a Comment