Tuesday, June 13, 2017

PEI Lighthouses

What do you hope to see on Prince Edward Edward Island? Terry asked me as we were planning our trip.

Green Gables and lighthouses! I quickly replied.

(This first one is actually on the rocky St. Lawrence River shores of Rimousk in Quebec!)

Our first day there, we headed out to find... lighthouses!

Terry climbed up this one on Point Prim. It's the first and oldest lighthouse on Prince Edward Island and one of only a handful of round brick lighthouses in Canada.











Waiting for him, I explored the beach.











I must admit, I didn't expect to see so many lighthouses!









All so different!











But it stands to reason that, in the early years before radar, boats needed to know where land was wherever they went...








They are found all around the island!


No comments:

Post a Comment