Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Holding On to Things


I have really been enjoying reading about the relationship between well-known knitwear designers and their stashes of yarns - in the anthology, A Stash of One's Own.


One chapter I found interesting was about sweater designer Amy Herzog, whose books about knitting sweaters that fit - and flatter - are very interesting.

She writes that she no longer has a stash that she holds on to year after year. Since becoming a designer, she gets rid of all her old yarn annually. After each season's sweaters are knit - and their patterns created - she gives away the yarn that she hasn't used - in part because she doesn't want to recommend yarns and colours that are no longer found in stores .

Reading this made me reflect on my collection of books - which reflects a broad spectrum of interests I've had over the years. Some are no longer of interest to me. Maybe it's time for me cull them, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment