Tuesday, February 28, 2023

One Man Show!

My impression of on-the-spot TV news coverage did an about-face after I saw this photograph that my daughter sent me from her second-floor home office. 

In my mind, a television camera crew (made up of at least one photographer and sound person) accompanied any roving TV reporter. At least, that’s always what I've seen on TV.


But here is a television reporter, near my daughter’s home, working all alone. A smartphone, on a tripod, is recording his video and the audio. He's a one-person crew!

Not sure what's in the box in the back of the vehicle. A hard drive to store the video footage? A modem to send the report to the studio - to be edited before it is broadcast...?

Terry and I tuned in to watch the new... It was a new invention being used by this hospital.



From our angle, things looked the same - but it's definitely different now!

No comments:

Post a Comment