Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Live and Learn!

Keeping a blog is an enlightening experience. You never know what you’ll learn!

In 2017, I wrote a blogpost about tiny invasive flowering plants that were slowly taking over our lawn.
(June 27)

I wasn’t sure whether they were “Creeping Charlie” or wild violets… but I wasn’t happy they were there.

Last year, in May and in July, two readers left comments informing me that  both plants are edible. One person said they’re also medicinal.



I did fact check online, googling “is creeping Charlie edible?” Then, “are wild violets edible?” A number of online sites claimed they were.

Interesting to know - though I’ll do a little more research before tossing them into my salad or making jelly out of them!

Thanks to all the readers who bother to comment, even though I’m slow at posting the comments..


No comments:

Post a Comment