Thursday, March 16, 2023

Pottery Painting Fun

I recently celebrated a birthday...


I wanted to celebrate by doing something fun - and different - with the whole family.


So last weekend, our whole family (except Terry) shared a pottery painting experience in the mall where I often go to walk.


I didn't know what to expect - but it was easy - and fun!. Step 1: Choose an unfinished pottery piece to paint...


Step 2: Choose the colours you want to use.


Step 3: pour some paint onto the palate - and paint!

We were told that three coats of paint were needed to bring out a dark hue when fired in the kiln.


Ivy worked on a mermaid statue. Jericho (with support from his mom) painted a container with a lid - that looks like an ice cream cone.


One of our sons chose to paint a wine goblet...



The other, a bowl.


I painted a sunflower on a plate. 



Our daughter chose a mug.


Now we have to wait a week for the pieces to be fired in a kiln before taking them home. 


It was really such fun! 

Jericho thought his ice cream looked good enough to eat! I agree!

I could see myself doing this again and again, even on my own. It's a relaxing, meditative way to spend a few hours. 

2 comments:

  1. A very happy and original way to celebrate! Your family will remember this one as they were a real part of it.

    ReplyDelete