Sunday, March 26, 2023

A Gentle Reminder

I recently came across this lovely example of an embroidered "needle book" - for holding pins and  needles - on the "Love Crafts" website. There is a beautiful cross-stitched butterfly sewn onto the felt cover.


It reminded me of the "needle book" that I made when I was young - and I still use all the time to store a few pins and needles. When I travel I often take it with me.

Both have the same "blanket stitch" around the edges of the cover.


Both covers have an embroidered design.


I wonder if it was a "classic" project to make - in the sense that all girls made one... from way-back-when...

I can't remember how old it is. Did I make it in "Brownies"?! Home economics class?! Summer camp?!

But I'm so glad someone - somewhere - bothered to teach me those basic needlework skills - and that the craft project I made ended up being so useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment