Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Two Valentine Breakfast Ideas

My mother used to fry an egg in a hole cut into a slice of bread... sometimes called "Toad-in-a-Hole." I had the idea of making a Valentine's version of it...














It seemed simple enough: Take a slice of bread or toast...














Cut a hole it in... And fry an egg in it!

I have included the recipe in the link above because mine didn't turn out as I had hoped! The egg wasn't ready to be flipped... and ended up BESIDE the toast... (It tasted fine but definitely wasn't photogenic!) Maybe I didn't have enough butter in the pan... Or maybe I didn't let the egg fry long enough... In any event, after eating the egg beside the toast, I ate the little heart cut-out with apricot jam... It was delicious!

Which led me to a new idea... Heart shaped French toast! (Cutting bread into heart shapes before dipping them in the egg and milk batter and frying them.)

An idea for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment