Friday, February 10, 2012

A (Tentative) Step Into The Future!

It all started with a question from a cousin - who is more tech savy than me: Did I have access to "Face Time," a video phone program on some apple iphones, computers and ipods?

She had access to it - and if I did as well, we could talk to each other, while seeing each other face to face.

I did have access to the program, but I had never used it...

Trying to figure out how to set it up, I turned on the computer... and noticed that one of my sons was online (in Toronto).

Do you know anything about Face Time? I emailed him...

In a few minutes, I was talking to him using my ipod... and seeing his face!

Who are you talking to? Terry asked, as he lay on the sofa reading the paper... So I showed him...

It was amazing... So, of course, he had to try!


















Is this the way of the future?
Terry asked our son...

Sure is! he replied.

(We're still a little in shock! Ordinary telephoning suddenly seems very bland!)

No comments:

Post a Comment