Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Strawberry Jam

Over the years I’ve tried my hand at gardening - as well as pickling, canning and freezing. When my children were young, I wanted to show them where food came from.

But now, my children are grown, I rarely plant a garden anymore. I did buy a few cherry tomato plants last year. But since I had to pick the tomatoes before they were fully ripe, in order to get them before the squirrels did, I didn’t bother this year.

However, I did freeze half a dozen containers of fresh rhubarb that my neighbor Mary gave me from her garden. 

And more recently, Terry and I also bought freshly picked baskets of strawberries to make jam - using the recipe for cooked jam that’s inclosed in the pectin package. But I store it in the freezer.

We do enjoy it all winter long. It’s definitely worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment