Friday, July 22, 2022

I ๐Ÿ’• to Knit!!

I love knitting! I realized a few months ago just how much knitting meant to me when I was experiencing severe wrist pain and wondered if I would need to give this hobby up.

It was a sad thought. 


Who would I give all my needles and yarn to if I could no longer knit? Who’d get all my patterns and books?

I really felt devastated just thinking about it.

It was then that I started regularly doing hand exercises for knitters - and taking a break when my wrists were sore. I also stopped using wooden needles, which I discovered created more resistance, making knitting harder on my wrists.

Thanks to online knitting exercises, my pain has diminished, though it hasn’t completely gone away. I try to “listen to my body” - though (as many knitters can attest) it’s hard to stop when I’m in the middle of something and I just want to finish!

Moderation is the key! Hopefully it will allow me to keep knitting ๐Ÿงถ for years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment