Thursday, July 7, 2022

Delicious Pancakes


I recently tried a new pancake recipe - one I found on my Weight Watchers app. It doesn’t require flour or sugar - but still tastes delicious. In fact, it was sweet enough (thanks to the banana) that I ate it without maple syrup. Instead, I sprinkled sliced fresh strawberries on top.


This is how I made it: 

  • First mash one very ripe banana. 
  • Then add two raw eggs that have been stirred a bit. 
  • Add a generous dash of ground cinnamon. 
  • At this point I added about half a teaspoon of psyllium husk - a fibre supplement I often add to food when I want to increase the fibre content. (The original recipe doesn’t call for it.)
  • Stir well.
  • The original recipe says to spray the frying pan with Pam - but I used half a teaspoon of coconut oil instead. It adds a hint if coconut flavour.
  • Fry as you would any other pancake. Use 2-3 tablespoons of batter for each pancake. 
  • My recipe made 6.

It was really delicious!! I ate four for breakfast - sprinkled with berries - and plan to enjoy the remaining two as a snack.


No comments:

Post a Comment