Saturday, February 29, 2020

Peanut Butter Cookies - with Coconut and Chocolate Chips

In my attempt to lower carbs in my diet, I've begun making the non-flour version of peanut butter cookies... The recipe is very simple:

Mix together

  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg

Drop teaspoonfuls of the batter onto a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.

I lower the sugar to 1/3 cup - and I don't find much difference in taste. They taste remarkably like the cookies made with flour.

The last time I made the cookies, I modified the ingredients a bit- but still added no flour:

  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup of sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon of dried coconut
  • 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips



The cookies tasted a little different - not as "peanut buttery" - but also good...

Next time I make the recipe, maybe I should substitute cocoa  powder for the coconut... I wonder how that would taste...

George Washington Carver, the famous American inventor, created 300 uses for peanuts... I wonder if peanut butter cookies was one of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment