Friday, February 28, 2020

"Do We Still Have Grandma's Dickies?!"

My mother liked to keep her neck warm in winter. She was sensitive to the cold. When she eventually moved into the nursing home, she didn't need them as the temperature was always warm and comfortable.

Going through clothing she no longer wore, I found a collection of "dickies" she had knit for herself - warm collars, some of them lacy. These looked as if they had came straight out of the Victorian era.

After checking with my daughter to see if she wanted to keep them, I gave them to a second-hand clothing store. They were definitely not something I would ever want to wear...

But recently my daughter sent me a photo... with a question: Do we still have Grandma's dickies?!

(Oh, no! If my daughter wants them - they must be coming back in style!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment