Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Yesterday ... Ground Hog Day

January slipped by quickly for me, and I totally forgot that yesterday was ground hog day, the day we look to the groundhog to tell us whether winter is almost over. If the groundhog sees his shadow - in other words, if the day is sunny - we are in for 6 more weeks of winter... Or so the story goes.


Our area was in the midst of a snowstorm yesterday, so - if our local groundhogs came out of hibernation, they would (apparently) assume that winter is over! They wouldn't have seen their shadows.

Groundhogs do live around us, though I rarely see them... I didn't check on the ones that live right next to our local La-Z-Boy store either, to see if they were still in hibernation. (I got some pictures of them a while back.)






 


Snow was even pelting our windows!

If this latest snowstorm signals the end of winter, I welcome it! But unfortunately I don't hold out much hope that winter is finally over!

No comments:

Post a Comment