Sunday, February 22, 2015

Life is an Inexact Science!

Life is an inexact science...

How else does one explain that - although a few days ago the weather forecast predicted a gradual warming trend these last two weeks of February, in our part of North America we are caught in the grips of extreme cold, day after day, with no end in sight!








Or why, after eating a low-carb meal last night (eggs and sausage) before heading off to pottery class, where the pottery wheel provided a physical workout, I tested my glucose readings as usual this morning only to discover that my fasting blood sugar is up, not down, this morning... (Am I, perhaps, fighting a cold or some other infection?! These also raise my blood sugar, I've discovered - but I don't feel sick...)

There are factors beyond our knowledge, I tell Terry, when he asks if my morning readings were better today. (He doesn't enjoy a supper of eggs and sausage, but had it because low-carb is good for me!)

(Maybe life is really too exact a science with way too many factors beyond our human understanding!)

No comments:

Post a Comment