Friday, February 13, 2015

Making Pottery Can Be... Humbling

Making pottery is a humbling experience. I have been working at it for about a year and a half now and was hoping to improve.

Occasionally I'm okay with my results...

















... like these nesting plates, that I wanted to be similar - in different sizes.
















I'm not unhappy with this "flower" ring holder, even though it resembles a cactus!
















But occasionally, out of the kiln comes such an atrocious mess - I have no idea what went wrong!

It looks as if this mug had to be chiseled from the kiln shelf.








I used the same glaze (I think) as I did in the nesting plates. But in some places it pooled and in others it didn't stick on.

What happened?!!

As I shake my head in frustration. Terry simply smiles: Looks like another pencil holder!


No comments:

Post a Comment