Wednesday, February 11, 2015

New Solution For Chapped Hands...?

Canadian winters can be hard on hands. Once the weather gets cold and dry, my hands often develop painful little cuts. Doing pottery - working for several hours with damp clay - doesn't help. Sometimes the only thing that relieves the pain is to apply Polysporin and bandage every little cut.

Every winter I find myself hunting for a new perfect solution - a grease-less cream that will stop my hands from drying out.

Last week, at the pottery studio, I mentioned my problem, wondering if anyone else shared my dilemma.

Have you ever used olive oil on your hands? one woman asked. I rub it on my hands like hand cream.

Olive oil? I asked... The kind I use for cooking?

Yes, she replied. Try it...


So I have started to apply it, rubbing about half a teaspoon of it into the hands whenever they feel dry. It takes a minute or two for the oil to absorb - but I was surprised to discover that no greasy residue ended up on magazines I read a few minutes after applying it...

Have I found my perfect solution? I'm  not sure... But I am giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment