Monday, February 9, 2015

In Winter, I Need... Color!

I've been doing a lot of organizing in the basement over the past few weeks.

But one recent snowy day when I didn't leave the house, I needed a change. Surveying the bleak landscape outside, I realized I needed to add some color to my life! Why not make a colorful quilt?!


I had seen one on Pinterest: I kept going back to this quilt in diagonal stripes of various colors. Perfect for using up scraps.
















Time to pull out my scraps and get to work!













At the same time, I decided to repair my mother's old quilt that had numerous tears. 

















One of the fabrics she used wasn't as durable as the rest. (But of course, one never knows what will last when fabrics are new.) The easiest solution would be to take it apart and remove the torn parts...











Are you making a new quilt or repairing an old one? Terry asked, surveying the fabrics strewn all over the dining room...

Dare I tell him: A little of both?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment