Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Exploring Toronto's East York Neighborhood

My intention in visiting Toronto a week ago was to get out and walk... and walk I did, for three or four hours every day... pausing from time to time (of course!) for coffee...

With my son, his wife and my daughter, I explored East York, a neighborhood Terry and I once called home. (We lived there the year before moving to Ottawa, when Terry was a student at the Institute for Christian Studies.)

My son and his wife plan to move to that same neighborhood in a few weeks. They chose it because it is halfway between his work and hers.

Wandering around, we passed the church that Terry and I had attended. It looked strangely different. What had changed?!


















Suddenly I realized: A large apartment building now sits in the church's former side yard.

(I guess change is inevitable!)







Closer to their new home, we discovered a bakery, an ice cream store, and other fun places...











Every large city is made up of neighborhoods. This one is old (built in the 1920s, I think)... But it's family friendly.












Very near their new home Natalie noticed a school sports field perfect for jogging.

I think they will be happy here. I know we will enjoy visiting them - and reconnecting with our old neighborhood!

There are so many neighborhoods in the metro Toronto area - I mean, what are the chances?!




No comments:

Post a Comment