Monday, October 4, 2021

Memorable Vacation

It’s been a few years… but - going through pictures, my mind has returned to a vacation Terry and I took a few years ago.











How many? I’ll have to Google “Iceland Volcano” to find out… 

(I then discover that there have been several eruptions in recent years, including our current year (2021) and 2016. But the year I’m thinking about is 2010 when 95,000 trans-Atlantic flights were cancelled due to volcanic smoke and ash.)











European friends of my younger son were planning a North American vacation, but the volcano modified their flight plans. Their flights to New York City were cancelled. They could, however, catch flights to Montreal…



This is how it happened that they joined Terry and me on our Quebec vacation… to Quebec City, along the St. Lawrence River to the famous Reford Gardens, also known as Jardins de Métis. It was a memorable adventure!











And because they are both avid photographers, we have pictures of Terry and me together on vacation! That’s quite unusual, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment