Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Back in Paris... Ontario!




A few weeks ago, when Terry and I were visiting our daughter in Guelph, the three of us headed to Paris, Ontario again - so that I could shop at the Mary Maxim yarn shop.

The last time we were there - in June - I bought discounted yarn for a sweater and vest. 

Although I have way too much yarn in my yarn stash at home, I was hoping to find another interesting project to work on...

(And I did!)

As we drove there, Terry commented that I hadn’t taken any pictures of the town’s name, Paris... so this time, I made up for it!



We wandered around downtown... 











I noticed this interesting  plaque that commemorates the place where Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone, made his first phone call - on an eight-mile line.

Looking this up online, I discovered that he and his family lived in Paris... though it is sometimes referred to as Brantford, as this small town is now considered part of the greater Brantford area. 



A walk down the pretty main shopping street of this historic small town...



A view of the river...



A stop at a memorable chocolate store we visited last time...



Then we headed off... We all had lists of things we wanted to see and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment